- 1 BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer Review
- 2 What’s so special about the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer?
- 3 What are the Main Features of the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer?
- 4 How good does the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer look?
- 5 What is the best way to use the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer?
- 6 What are the Pros and Cons of the BaByliss Elegance Hair Dryer?
- 7 What do we think?
BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer Review
BaByliss are a leading brand in the hair care industry who have dazzled us with their many wonderful hair care products. BaByliss always aims to enhance not only the users hair but their confidence also.
Having confidence in the way we look and the way we style our hair can be challenging. So when you have that amazing hair day, suddenly all in the world seems right.
I’m sure you’d agree that having the right utensils to work with to achieve that ideal look is very important.
BaByliss have created the Elegance hair dryer for this specific purpose.
Drying, styling and having confidence in your hair just got a lot easier.
What’s so special about the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer?
Like a jumper knitted by your grandma, the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer is especially unique. It’s amazing range of technology and benefits for the users hair bring praise to the hair dryer and BaByliss as a brand.
What are the Main Features of the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer?
- Ionic Technology – Ionic technology reduces static and frizz for an ultra smooth finish to the users hair. It also works with heat balancing ceramic technology (also included in the hair dryer) to even out the hair cuticles, creating healthier hair in the process.
- DC Motor – For those who don’t know, a DC motor is a motor that relies on magnet poles that repel and attract. In less scientific terms: Magnets are good! This kind of motor aids the hair dryer in directing air flow and drying the users hair fast. Right on!
- Settings – Three heat settings and two speed settings enhance heat protection and styling control for each individual. A choice of settings is always a plus as different hair types will need different temperatures and speeds. Additionally, the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer utilizes a cool shot button, allowing the user to set their hairstyle for fabulous results.
- Extras – A concentrator nozzle is included with this product, no doubt BaByliss have included this for precision styling and they’ve kindly provided an instruction manual for those who aren’t sure about what to do with the concentrator nozzle.
How good does the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer look?
The BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer is gorgeous. BaByliss have really impressed us and numerous users with their professional and bold exterior design for this hair dryer.
The colour is described as a high gloss raspberry, which does sound like the name of a lip gloss, and if it was, we’d buy it!
The high gloss exterior is uniquely shaped and the pop of colour really is the cherry (or raspberry) on the cake. We love it!
What is the best way to use the BaByliss 2100 Elegance Hair Dryer?
The recommended way to use the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer, is firstly by turning the heat and speed settings to high. This is initially to dry the hair. Next, place the heat setting onto a low temperature and speed, enabling the perfect condition for styling and scrunch drying. Finally, activating the cool shot button on the warm hair quickly cools and sets the style for salon results.
What are the Pros and Cons of the BaByliss Elegance Hair Dryer?
- Lightweight – For styling to be comfortable, the hair dryer has to be lightweight. The BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer accomplishes this with ease. Its light body isn’t as cumbersome as numerous bulky hair dryers on the market and this makes it ideal for those who aren’t particularly strong in their hands or arms, whether old or young.
- Design – We cannot fault the design, with the ceramic and ionic technology as well as the lightweight and easy to use elements, the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer is quite impressive. The look is just an added bonus, so if high gloss raspberry is your colour then don’t hesitate to purchase this hair dryer.
- Filter – BaByliss have also provided their Elegance hair dryer with a back hinge, this allows the user to easily clean their filter, enabling longer motor life as well as having a sparkling clean hair dryer.
- Cord – No-one wants a short hair dryer cord, and thankfully this product comes with a cord that is two metres long. Say goodbye to awkward drying sessions and hello to comfortable drying and styling.
- Value – At only £25 the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer covers all your basic hair drying needs. Customers can’t fault it for the price!
Or can they?
- Burning – Obviously on a review of a hair dryer you probably wouldn’t want to see this, but we have to make note of some complaints. A few customers have received malfunctioning hair dryers which start to smell of burning after a few days to months, this could be the result of over heating, so be careful.
- Power – Some users have been disappointed by the amount of power the BaByliss 2100 Elegance gives off, whilst others have claimed it’s too strong, even to style with. Don’t worry, we’re confused too!
- Loud – Of course, hair dryers make noise, it’s something we’ve all learnt to deal with. Still, when you switch to a new hair dryer, you hardly want it screaming into your ears. Some customers have even sent the BaByliss Elegance hair dryer back because of the loud noise it produces. So if you have sensitive hearing, you may want to search for a hair dryer that’s a little quieter.
- Settings – Handling the hair dryer has proved difficult for a few users. The settings buttons on the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer are placed where your palm sits when holding the hair dryer, this makes using the hair dryer quite awkward, especially if you need to change settings.
Also mentioned on numerous accounts has been that the highest heat setting is too hot, if this is the case with your Elegance hair dryer, then either hold the hair dryer further away from your hair or turn it down to a lower setting.
- Extras – We understand that for the price BaByliss probably didn’t want to add many extras, however, one nozzle, that might not even stay on properly, really isn’t enough. Adding a diffuser amongst other hair care gadgets would probably boost sales and appeal to a wider range of potential users. Additionally, there is no hanging hook included with the hair dryer, making it inconvenient to store during and after use.
- Life Span – Such a revered name in the hair care business should be able to provide us with reliable hair care products, but with the Elegance hair dryer, we feel let down. Customers have complained about the life span of this hair dryer, some complain it only lasts them a few months, whilst others say theirs has been going for years, as we’ll see on our next con, there are lots of mixed reviews.
- Reviews – Customers have a love hate relationship with this hair dryer. Some swear by it, others swear when using it. Generally, reading reviews lets us know whether the product is great or not, we’re definitely getting a lukewarm vibe from the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer.
What do we think?
We believe BaByliss are a respectable and well manufactured brand, yet with the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer, there are a few hitches they need to smooth out.
If you hadn’t guessed, we absolutely adore the design, but we’re not sure about the inside workings of this hair dryer and this is where we think BaByliss could improve on with their product.
Still, if you’re looking for a simple gift, or just a general blow dryer then the BaByliss 2100 Elegance hair dryer is affordable, lightweight and will do its job well.
Remember, always be confident in your hair, and flaunt it with Elegance!